Please write the name and Call.
A special bulletin this morning on the CY0 DXpedition.
Murray, WA4DAN posted the following on Sunday afternoon and followed up later ……
“Murray, WA4DAN and Ron, AA4VK announce that everything is set for their operation from Sable Island beginning October 22-31. The weather forecast for Monday looks good, at this time. The only concern is the beach conditions. Rain is forecast for Sunday which could potentially affect the “beach runway”.
Travel to Sable Island is always problematic. Often, when conditions in Halifax are good, conditions at Sable Island are not good and visa versa. Also, the “old” Britten-Norman Islander aircraft is not equipped with modern instrumentation, which limits the conditions under which it is safe to fly between the mainland of Nova Scotia and Sable Island. We were unsuccessful in two previous attempts to visit Sable Island. We are optimistic that Monday will be a “GO”.
As previously advertised, our focus will be on 10, 12, and 15 meters, where the demand for CY0 is greatest, and especially on 10M, where new DX’ers, with modest stations, have the best opportunity to work “a new one”. Also, we plan to be active in the upcoming CQWW Phone contest on 10, 15, 20, and 40 meters to provide CY0.
We would like to thank Gerry Forbes, Officer-in-Charge for Sable Island for being so helpful in trying to make this, our third attempt, successful. In addition, we would like to express our appreciation to Gary, VE1RGB, who has provided invaluable logistical support in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the departure point for the flight to Sable Island.
Monitorwww.cy0dxpedition.com for the latest updates.”
“I arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia this afternoon. Ron and I were met by Gary, VE1RGB, who has provided fantastic logistical support for the CY0 DXpedition. We drove over to Gary’s house and picked up an additional antenna mast.
The weather forecast for Monday still looks good. Our flight to Sable is scheduled for approximately 1700Z. We were originally scheduled for an earlier flight but a pressing need for the aircraft has delayed our departure by about three hours. Ron and I will do a final inventory and start on antenna construction Monday morning at the Maritime Air facility.
Check www.cy0dxpedition.com for the latest updates. This will be the final update I can send unless our flight is delayed.
Thanks and 73,